Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sick and Tired

I feel horrible today.  I almost feel as bad as I did at the start of this hellish journey.  I've been faithfully taking my meds.  I don't understand why I feel this way.  It even hurts to type.  I'm so discouraged.  We were supposed to take a walk for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants but I wasn't able to.  I felt short of breath and my legs just couldn't move very much.  I'm also having these weird heart flutters again.

Well, I guess that's enough bitching.  I went to an AA  meeting last night and it was really great!  One of my good friends who I hadn't seen in a long time was there too.  There was someone at the meeting who was celebrating 60 days of sobriety.  The topic of discussion was the second step.  I have often had a hard time with since I consider myself agnostic.  She shared her difficulty with finding or believing in a higher power, God.  I then shared the way in which I deal with the second step.  I hope she found it  helpful.

My daughter is desperately trying to grab my laptop and press all the buttons.  For some reason she has a lot of energy this evening.  I wish I had just some of that.

No comments: