Friday, January 21, 2011

No Bitching This Time...I Swear

I know my last post was pretty pathetic.  To be honest I felt pretty pathetic.  Still do. 

Anyway, I found out that laying in the sun is almost as therapeutic as a hot bath.  I don't have a bath tub so I've had to rely on hot showers to relieve muscle and joint pain, which really isn't the same.  Yesterday we went for a walk with our daughter in her stroller.  My husband had to pick up his paycheck and I didn't feel well enough to walk the distance.  Since it was a beautiful day I decided to sit down by the water with our daughter.  I laid down on a bench in the sun.  Almost immediately, the pain in my joints started to fade.   It had a similar effect as sitting in a hot bath. I almost fell asleep it was so calming.  I'm lucky that it's sunny most of the time here.  I think even laying on the floor or sitting in a chair at a window in direct sunlight may have a similar, if not as intense, an effect.  I just thought I'd pass that along to other Fibromyalgia sufferers out there.  I don't know about all of you but any small thing that can relieve the pain and discomfort even temporarily is a blessing.  I'll have to experiment to see if it has any lasting effects (I mean in the way of hours or even an hour).

No comments: