Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another Fibro Day

OK - it's back.  About 5:00 today the aching started again. Then I felt the almost irresistible urge to close my eyes.  I laid down and closed my eyes but baby girl was making too much racket with her toys.  I drifted in and out of sleep for about a half hour.  I then, maybe foolishly, took my daughter on a stroll to visit her dad down at the pier.  Getting back up the stairs with her was excruciating.  My knees were killing me. 

I really need to learn that when I start feeling bad I have to rest.  I'm trying to get back in shape but it seems like the day after I exercise I feel weaker instead of stronger.  It's counter-intuitive to be sedentary when I'm trying to recover.  Exercise is supposed to be a good thing - to make you stronger and healthier - not weaker and sicker.

Tomorrow, I think I'll go to an AA meeting.  It's  basically the only social life I have.  How friggin' pathetic.  I'm stuck in this apartment with only the baby day after day.  I feel so trapped. The hotel is so quiet this time of year, the phone hardly ever rings.  I guess I should try to go to sleep since the baby is sleeping.  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow if I get enough sleep.  I noticed that how much I sleep is directly related to how I feel.

No comments: