Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Day

Today was great.  I got to leave the island without the baby and meet up with a couple of my friends. We did girl stuff like try on clothes and makeup at the mall.  I was so happy that I was actually feeling well enough to take the boat ride then walk all over the mall.  I did have to excuse myself a couple times to go sit on a bench or something when the fatigue set in, but all in all the Fibro didn't keep me from doing what I wanted today.  It was a real victory.

I always took my health and physical fitness for  granted - never again.  I guess that's one advantage to this illness.  A little humility never hurts anyone.  Getting knocked down a few pegs every once in a while can be just what we arrogant humans need.

 I'm so glad that this particular "flare" lasted only one day.  I'm hoping that I will be able to start exercising again so I can loose this 25 pound baby weight.  It was pretty depressing to go shopping and have nothing fit or look decent.  I used to be thin and in good shape.  I know I'll get there again but I have found that exercise has to be increased very slowly and carefully.  Too much exertion in one day leads to a flare.  It's a very delicate balance.

On an unrelated note, my husband and I made up yesterday.  He apologized and promised to try harder.  That's all I can ask for.

No comments: