Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Ever Blog Post!

Hello.  As you can see from the title, this is my first blog post so forgive me if I'm not savvy to all the "rules".

I'm "spilling my guts" here is because I want this blog to be as open and honest as possible.  My hope is that others will get some comfort from knowing that someone else out there is going through the same (or similar) thing.  I don't plan on sharing this with anyone close to me (family/friends).  I just want this to be between me and others suffering similarly in life (and everyone else who is interested).

Today I was feeling so bad that I had to vent my frustration somewhere.  It came to me that a blog would be a great way to share my experiences and for others to share theirs.  I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I don't know, but I think this must be one of the most frustrating diseases to have.  So little is known about it and the symptom lists are so long that it seems like anyone could have it.  I can see how it could be very confusing to someone who doesn't suffer with it.  It's confusing to me and I do suffer from it.

Sometime in my early 20s I started having strange episodes.  My body would start aching and I would feel chills alternating with sweats as though I had the flu.  The symptoms were mild however and mysteriously passed in less than a day.  I was always a bit curious as to what caused it but since it didn't really disrupt my life I basically ignored it. 

In June 2009 my husband and I were married.  We did the Vegas "thing".  We got hitched at the famous Little White Chapel.  It was a trip.  About two weeks later I found out that I was pregnant.  I'd never thought of myself as the motherly type, but I do have a lot of love to give and knew that somehow this would be enough.  My family was thrilled!  It would be the first grandchild in our whole family (we're not very prolific).

No comments: