Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Latest Boring Update

I'm finding myself in a very familiar situation but it's not de ja vu.  I've called and left two messages for my doctor, the first on Tuesday and haven't gotten a response yet.  I've cut back on my medication because I can't handle the side effects any more.  I've been feeling so nauseated and having such strong vertigo for the last two and a half weeks that I couldn't get out of bed a couple of days ago.  I've been feeling progressively worse not better.  I'm beginning to think that either the Cymbalta, the Nurontin or the combination of the two are not going to work for me.  This is particularly frustrating since I paid almost $300 for fifteen days worth of the Cymbalta and had to jump through a lot of paper work hoops to apply for the patient assistance program.  It looks as though all of my work may have been for nothing.  Work that was done while I was experiencing a great degree of discomfort and wanted only to be laying in my bed, in the dark.  I seem to be able to ward off the worst of the migraine headaches by staying really hydrated.  I realized that I was loosing a lot of fluids due to my excessive sweating.  I hope my doctor calls tomorrow with some encouragement but I'm fairly sure I'll be the one making the phone call.

No comments: