Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reprieve of Sorts

My husband has moved back to our apartment.  We discussed our problems and made some compromises.  I won't regurgitate the tiresome details. 

It's been about nine days on the lowered doses.  Now I'm taking 40mg Cymbalta, 150mg Welbutrin and 2mg Lorazepam.  I've been feeling better than average the for last three days.  Tonight I'll take 20mg of Cymbalta rather than 40mg.  The thought gives me some definite anxiety since I do not want to repeat the experience I had ten days ago, but I'm so anxious to get  this crap out of my system and anxious to start the food allergy investigation.  I'm hopeful, but hesitant.  I'm so worried that it won't change anything and I'll become more desperate and hopeless than I am even now.  As each experiment fails, I think more and more that this disease will be my lifelong rival and I begin to plan my life as a disabled person. 

My daugher, who is now ninteen and a half months old, has learned that sleeping requires closed eyes.  When my husband or I tell her to go to sleep she lays her head back and with obvious force, squints her eyes closed. She reaches a tiny hand to her eye and so gently traces her closed eyelid over and over with a pointed index finger.  She cannot see but can only feel her closed eyes and imagine how she may appear as she sleeps. 

No comments: