Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coming Down Off Cymbalta

I don't know if I'm feeling the way I am because I lowered my Cymbalta dosage or if it's just one of those "fibro-lows".  Last night I sat on the floor in my scalding hot shower and cried, my body hurt so much.  I'm really feeling terrible.  Everything is worse from joint pain and all-over body pain to headaches, fatigue and weird symptoms like eye pain.  In my misery last night, I decided that I would start the "Alpha Diet" today because I had to find some relief and I didn't have any time to loose. 

According to the Alpha Nutrition book by D. Gisalason (although it does encourage flexibility), those who are suffering with severe disease should follow the "slow track" and begin with ten days of fasting while only taking liquid nutrients.  I didn't want to begin fasting until I was completely off my medications, so I've started eating only "Phase One" foods and liquid nutrients and plan to start fasting when my body is drug-free.

The list of Phase One foods is VERY limited.  I think there are thirty-three items on the list and that includes olive oil and at least four derivatives of rice (rice, rice cakes, rice (only) cereal, rice crackers, etc.).  Basically the Phase One diet includes certain vegetables, peaches, pears and rice.  I'm doing ok with it today but can see this getting really old really fast.  So far I'm still feeling like shit symptom-wize but I realize it may take at least ten days to feel any relief.  I'll be keeping my food and symptom journal here on my blog.  The journal entries will be titled "Day One", Day Two", etc.

If this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do.

No comments: