Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Latest Research...

After becoming so frustrated and angry with my Rhumatologist, I've decided to dump her and do some serious research into this Fibromyalgia crap myself.  I created on-line accounts with a few medical journals and medical publications and have started reading what ever I can find on-line.  What ever did we all do before the Internet?  Since I don't have any medical training other than the few years I worked as an Administrative Assistant at the Visiting Nurses Association, I admit it's been very slow going.  I've had to stop reading to look up a few words, phrases and acronyms and some of the articles are almost completely incomprehensible to me.  

However, I have read some very  interesting studies that have been done with respect to Fibromyalgia.  The seeming absurdity of some of them only reinforces what I've inferred since day one...no one knows squat about this thing nor do they even know what studies to conduct.  Many of the studies are about different drug reactions or interactions and pertain to symptom treatment only and don't address causes or cures.  It is all very depressing which I know isn't news to anyone else suffering with this.  All I can do is keep reading and hope I find something helpful.  I'll be sure to share if I do.

No comments: