Thursday, March 10, 2011

So Much for Tijuana

I've visited what seems like millions of "Medical Tourism" websites and haven't had any success.  I emailed the facility in Tijuana and I got a reply which implied they could help me.  I started to feel encouraged but a bit apprehensive, after all Mexico isn't the safest place to travel these days.  I did a search for reviews of the place and I only found one which was terrible. I found some other agencies and emailed them for information but all of the replies read that they were very sorry they wouldn't be able to help me.  It seems that most of the medical tourism agencies only do business with facilities who specialize in major surgeries or cosmetic surgery.

I was supposed to have had a long overdue doctor's appointment yesterday.  I never did get a response from my doctor after leaving two messages and a note.  I called the day before my appointment and left yet another message.  I wanted to know if she had contacted the Rhumatologist as promised during my last appointment which was about a month ago.  If she hadn't, then there would be no point in my coming in and paying $77 for an office visit.  Someone from the clinic called yesterday morning to say that my doctor had not spoken to the Rhumatologist because he had been "out of town" but was due back that day.  She had planned to call him later in the day, so there was no point in my coming in until she had spoken to him.  I made a new appointment.  So I wait in weakness and pain for another week.

This has been a hard week.  I've been particularly weak and short of breath.  My shins and forearms have been very sore, actually every part of my body has been sore.  I'm feeling depressed and discouraged.  I don't know what to do.  Thank goodness I have my crochet, something I can do laying down, or I would probably go insane.

No comments: