Sunday, March 6, 2011

Next Stop... Tijuana

My husband's mother has been stabilized and discharged from the hospital.  She's staying with one of her sons until she's well enough to go home, so my husband has spent several days on the mainland with her.  My mother has been visiting and was able to help me care for my daughter as well as help with housework while my husband was gone.  I realized suddenly that if my husband were ever gone for an extended period of time, I wouldn't be able to care for our daughter alone in my current condition.  After my mom left yesterday I started seriously thinking about having to move closer to my family.  I thought with profound sadness that I may have to leave this island that I love so much and move back to NJ, a place I do not love, even though I was born and raised there. This notion filled my heart with such sadness that I cried.  I don't know how I would mentally survive such a move back to the Gotham City gloom that is New Jersey.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week.  If she gives me the same run-around, I'm moving on to plan B.  I've found a treatment center in Tijuana that specializes in fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc.  I cannot afford treatment in the US anymore.  I had started researching treatment in other countries through the somewhat new field of  "Medical Tourism" when I discovered the treatment center in Mexico.  I've emailed them for more information.

No comments: