Monday, March 7, 2011

Sitting With Old Men and Pigeons

Today my husband took care of our daughter and gave me a "day off".  Of course it wasn't really a day off because I used the time to catch up on hotel and personal business.  I went outside at one point to check the mail (we don't have mail delivery here so we all have PO boxes).  It was a really windy day, actually a gale, but sunny and a pleasant temperature.  I would have loved to go for a walk but being that I'm too weak these days, I sat down on a bench near the ocean and watched people walk by.  There were a couple of old men sitting on benches nearby also.  I felt like I too was old.  A couple acquaintances stopped for a quick chat, but eventually continued on.  Finally I got up and started home although I had to stop once more from fatigue before getting there.  My legs just don't work well anymore.  The muscles just burn and begin to give out.

No comments: