Friday, February 10, 2012

My Messy Apartment is Driving Me INSANE!

Are any other Fibros out there sick and friggin' tired of their homes looking like pig sties?  Unless you are fortunate enough to have a husband/wife/roommate who cleans, you probably have an abode that looks something like mine.  Laundry piles up, dishes pile up, dust piles up, etc, etc.  Sometimes when I roll out of bed and walk into my living room I want to cry.  The floor hasn't been vacuumed in weeks, there are toys scattered all over the floor and overdue bills and other neglected paperwork piled on practically every surface.  I can't lift the full laundry basket so I have to wait till my husband is around or make several trips to the washing machine with small arm-fulls.  By the time I've done that, I'm spent.  On a good day I can recuperate for an hour or so and continue with chores.  On a bad day, that may be all I get done.  I may not even get the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

I know other ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers can understand how incredibly frustrating this is.  I was never a neat freak by any means, but a messy home gives me so much stress and I don't think the excess dust does me any good either.  If I had the money, I'd certainly hire a cleaning person once a week or so but since I can no longer work, that's out of the question.  I just have to do what I can and put blinders on for the rest, although that's a whole lot easier said than done.

No comments: