Monday, April 16, 2012

Amitriptylene is Rocking My World!


OK, I know I didn't have much positive to say about Amitriptyline in my last couple posts but I've changed my tune completely.  Between the vegan diet and Amitriptylene, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.  Although, I'm not sure which is actually responsible for this change, if it's a combination of the two or something else entirely. 

I took this picture on my walk to Lover's Cove today, the first time I've taken a walk purely for exercise in weeks.  I put my earphones on and just WALKED!  It felt great!  I've also been taking fewer and shorter naps.  My muscles and joints feel stronger and are in less pain.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up and set myself up for disappointment later but I can't help it.  If it just ends up being a "good week" I'll deal with the disappointment later. 

My original plan was to taper off Zoloft, start Amitriptylene then, when the Zoloft was completely out of my system, start Savella.  I'm completely off Zoloft and up to a therapeutic dose of Amatriptylene but I'm holding off on the Savella since I seem to be feeling pretty well.  After all, I don't want to take anymore drugs than I have to. 

I'm feeling really well about the vegan diet too.  The stomach discomfort I had at the beginning is completely gone.  Oh how I pray this lasts!

No comments: