Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vegan Diet for CFS/FMS - Day 6

Well, I don't want to get my hopes up prematurely, but I think I may actually be feeling a bit better.  I think I have a little more energy than usual.  Since my last post, I've spoken to more people who have seen the documentary film "Forks Over Knives" and were also inspired to "go Vegan".  They also reported feeling better than they ever had.  Of course, none of them were suffering from chronic illnesses that I'm aware of but just the fact that a change in diet could have such a profound effect on one's general well-being is so exciting.

My conscience is so much clearer now too.  I gave up eating meat quite a few years ago but still ate fish and dairy.  I always felt guilty, since I knew of the tortured lives chickens and dairy cows endure, never seeing the light of day or breathing fresh air.  I love the taste of fish, so I always rationalized eating it by thinking that since fish lived in their natural habitat and basically led a normal life up till the time they were killed, they weren't nearly as inhumanely treated as other farm animals.

I never had a rationale for eating dairy, I guess I was just lazy and simply avoided thinking about it.  Anyway, I didn't mean to get on my animal rights soap box since it's not really relevant to the topic.

I'm displaying the link for the film "Forks Over Knives" here again because I highly recommend watching it.  I think it can be very helpful if not life-changing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling great on same diet.
After years of recurrent Lyme Disease leading to CFS and Fibro pain, I am 90% better on "Forks Over Knives" vegan, oil free, very low nuts and seeds diet.