Friday, April 22, 2011

Patience and More Patience

When I first started researching Fybromyalgia I kept reading that patience was one of the most important factors in successful treatment because it often took months or even years to get a definitive diagnosis.  I desperately hoped this would not be the case for me but who was I to think I was going to have it easier than anyone else. 

It's been six months since this most recent flare started and I really don't have any answers yet.  I finally went to the mainland yesterday and saw an actual Rhumatologist.  She asked me lots of questions I had never been asked before.  She had me walk across the room, bend down and touch my toes and poked my body to check for trigger points of which I had none.  So, as a result I don't fit the criteria for Fibromyalgia according to her (and many other sources I've checked).  She was thinking  it might be a viral thing like Epstein Barr or Lyme Disease.  She ordered blood work and I still haven't finished paying off the first round.

So, I go back in four weeks and have blood drawn in three.  It's so very hard to be patient when all you want is to know what's wrong with you and why you go to doctor appointment after doctor appointment and have no answers.  It's a bit of a comfort to know that there are many people going through the same thing right now, although I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

No comments: