Friday, May 4, 2012

Someone Pinch Me!



Lover's Cove on Catalina Island

I took this picture on one of my recent walks along Lover's Cove.  There was a westerly swell rolling in so I got some great shots of the spray at dusk.  The iPhone 4S camera is amazing!

My fingers are still tightly crossed as I amazingly continue feeling pretty darned well, two months after having started amitriptyline.  I've even taken up my old routine, walking every morning for a mile or two after I wake up.  I'm not able to do the steep hills I used to but hopefully I will soon. Today I started up one of the hills I used to hike up almost every day but didn't make it very far before I was huffing and puffing and my leg muscles felt like they were on fire.  I'm guessing my muscles are pretty atrophied after going two years without any real exercise.  I'm trying to take it slow but I'm so anxious to be back where I was.  The mere thought that I may be getting my life back is too much to hope for now.  I'm also hoping my renewed routine will help reverse the Osteopenia I was recently diagnosed with.  While I walk, I can also soak up plenty of vitamin D from the Southern California sun.

So, I may have found my cure.  Amitriptyline seems to have taken my pain and fatigue away for the most part.  Zoloft was working fairly well at controlling my pain but nothing, it seemed, could take away the fatigue, weakness and exhaustion.  I'm also still taking 2mg of Lorazepam to help me sleep and I'm not ready to give that up yet.  The thought of the disturbing dreams and nightmares I was plagued with when I first became ill is too terrifying to confront just yet.

I enthusiastically encourage anyone with ME/CFS to give it a try if you haven't already.  I realize that every one's disease is very different but it's always worth a try.  If you're like me, you'll try almost anything. 

 

No comments: